14 Maintenance Tips To Keep Your Drainage System Blockage - Free
A System With A Clogged Drain Is Really Inconvenient Particularly When It Occurs At The Most Inopportune Time. In addition to posing health risks, the undrained water in the sink (or bath) and flooding can cause air pollution. Regular maintenances can avert this nightmare.
When debris, small objects, grease, and intrusive tree roots pile up in a drainage system, it will clog. Sometimes, your pipework may be obstruction - free but there could be huge clogs in the main lines
However, By Following These Rules You Can Avoid A Clogged Drain
1. Minor clogs can be fixed with just a plunger.
2. Once or twice every week, raise up the stoppers in your bathtub and clear out whatever debris is in the drain. Don't forget to rinse of the stopper thoroughly before putting it back in place.
3. Put A Mesh Barrier On Your Bath And Sink Plugs To Catch Hair That You May Lose While Washing It. Just as you prevent food going down the sink in the kitchen, you should ensure hair doesn't go down your bathroom pipes.
4. Eliminate hair build - up in the drains by giving your hair a good brushing before you take a shower so that all the loose hair would be removed prior to this.
5. Get grates installed over each drain in your house by hiring a plumber to do it. When Cleaning Your Drains, Use A Bacteriological Drain Cleaner - One That Isn't Corrosive.
6. It is never a good idea to plant or grow flowers and trees near your drainage system's pipes to lessen clogging due to intrusion of tree roots.
7. If you get a yearly contract with a drainage company, then you will benefit from inspections and servicing of your drains, even if you don't need to call on them. A good example of companies that offer such a package is Drainage Kent located in Kent. Teach and instruct other members of your house on drainage maintenance guidelines.
8. Steer clear of chemical cleaners. Which can be damaging and corrosive.
9. Don't Throw Stuff Into Your Drain. Dumping materials into it is a no - no.
10. Avoid letting the following substances go into the drain grease, oil, fat, coffee, meat, rice, gum, hair, condoms, medication, cosmetics and similar items.
11. Ensure that only water flows down your sink drain and nothing but urine, faeces and water through your toilet drain.
12. Take A Wire Coat Hanger Straighten It And Bend One End To Make A Hook, Then Insert It Into The Drain To Get The Junk Out.
13. Prevent grease from accumulating into your drain by pouring salty, hot water through your sink.
14. Along with these tips, are less traditional ones. But, just ensure you avoid acidic The main thing is to never use acidic solutions.
If you are still encountering drainage issues after you practice these tips and don not have access to a drainage company, do not worry about it. Rather, make the call for professional help if the issue persists. Technicians at Drainage Kent in Kent are among the best you can turn to for your drainage system needs.